Blue Ridge foundation gives $55,000 to local nonprofits
Felicia and Tyronne Champion of Community Touch receive a donation from Blue Ridge Orthopaedic & Spine Center CEO Jeff Hollis at the Dec. 4 ceremony in Warrenton.
The Foundation of Blue Ridge Orthopaedics last week donated at total of $55,000 to 37 area nonprofit organizations.
The foundation raised the funds with its eighth annual Bodies in Motion 5k, 10k and Fun Run on Nov. 10 in Warrenton. The event attracted about 300 runners and walkers. Participants’ registration fees and local businesses’ sponsorships form the pool of funds that the foundation distributed.
“It’s a really wonderful thing, when you get to see what it’s really all about,” Blue Ridge Orthopaedic & Spine Center CEO Jeff Hollis said as he presented checks to the nonprofits Wednesday night. “We look forward to this event all year long and are so proud to play a small part in bettering the lives within our communities.”
The foundation donated funds to all the nonprofits that applied earlier this year. To qualify, organizations in the Fauquier/Culpeper/Gainesville must serve those communities.
Since 2012, Blue Ridge has given $270,000 to local nonprofils.
The organizations that received contributions during the reception Wednesday night, Dec. 4, at Alwygnton Manor in Warrenton:
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Fauquier
• Benevolence United
• Alex's Army
• Centre Performing Arts Company
• Culpeper County High School Athletics
• Community Touch
• Falcon Booster Club (soccer team) at Fauquier High School
• Families 4 Fauquier
• Fauquier Community Childcare
• Fauquier County Food Coalition
• Fauquier Education Farm
• Fauquier Family Shelter
• Fauquier FISH
• Fauquier Free Clinic
• Fauquier Habitat for Humanity
• Fauquier Hospital Auxiliary, Inc.
• Girls On The Run Piedmont
• Haymarket Food Pantry
• Hero’s Bridge
• Highland School
• Kid Pan Ally
• Learning Starts Early
• Liberty High School (HOSA)
• Mental Health Association of Fauquier County
• People Helping People of Fauquier County
• Rainbow Therapeutic Riding Center
• Piedmont TOP Soccer
• Rare Kids Network
• Spiritual Care Support Ministry
• Spirit Works
• The Arc of North Central Virginia
• Town of Warrenton Police Department
• Vets on Track
• Verdun Adventure Bound
• Warrenton Pregnancy Center
• The Sweet Julia Grace Foundation